Art, Programming, Work

87th day

When building more and more of my first level I started noticing that my simple bones and hierarchy solutions to animate some of the rigid items was not good enough. You really need to have all the vertices in as few buffers as possible and all the bones bound to the vertices and not just hierarchically influenced. Having the items split into many pieces will incur a lot of extra draw calls and can hurt your performance.

So there are a few items I need to clean up in Maya.

I cleaned up some of those items and added them with animation to test the interaction when selected, but I did not manage to tackle the Shader or add the tags and labels to the game today.

More again tomorrow.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s